All current and prospective Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management students are encouraged to meet with an academic advisor.
Your Academic Advisor is Michelle Gnoleba
Fairfax Campus, Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
Scheduling an Appointment/Walk-ins
Through the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) appointment scheduler 30-minute advising sessions are available at Fairfax: Thompson Hall, Suite 2300.
- Sign into SSC with your Mason credentials (If you're a prospective Mason student click here for your instructions)
- Select Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment
- Select your college - College of Education and Human Development
- Select the program of the major or minor you want advising for
- Select your location
- Fairfax: College of Education and Human Development Student and Academic Affairs (CEHD-SAA)
Students may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance. If no appointments are available then please continue to check as new times will open up.
- If you are 10 minutes late or arrive at the wrong location then your appointment will be canceled, and you will have to reschedule. Please make sure you are aware of the time and location when scheduling an appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment please do so through SSC as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we may offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies!
15 Minute Walk-Ins
Aug 30-Dec 20
15 minute session
|1-4 PM||9-12pm||Fairfax Campus,
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
Jan 24-May 9
15 minute session
Advising sheets are a helpful tool for monitoring progress throughout the academic program. Mason Core requirements, details of coursework, and coursework sequencing necessary for completion of the Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management program are included.
- 2017-2018 Hospitality Management Advising Sheet
- 2017-2018 Tourism Management Advising Sheet
- 2017-2018 Events Management Advising Sheet
However, advising sheets are designed as supplemental guides and do not supersede the official degree requirements detailed in the corresponding year's George Mason University Catalog. The Academic Advising Sheet for each catalog year is available in Documents and Forms. Also available: Additional Advising Sheets for all SRHT programs in SRHT Documents and Forms
Monitor your academic progress on Patriot Web. You can see your weekly schedule in calendar form; view your academic transcript, and monitor a degree evaluation that shows you what courses you still need to satisfy general education and program requirements.
For Degree Evaluations:
- If your first semester at Mason was PRIOR to Fall 2012, follow these instructions: CAPP
- If your first semester at Mason was Fall 2012 or later, follow these instructions: DegreeWorks
You can also benefit from the professional experience of faculty members. Each faculty member welcomes the opportunity to talk with students about their career interests, and the application of learning gathered during coursework, internship, and out-of-class experiences. The diverse background and current applications of faculty can help you to learn about numerous real-world settings, and about potential volunteer and career opportunities in the region and throughout the nation.