Current Student Information
Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management
- Events Management
- Hospitality Management
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2017-18
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2016-17
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2015-16
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2014-15
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2013-14
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2012-13
- Hospitality Management Advising Sheet 2011-12
- Tourism Management
- Internship Manual TEM.pdf
- Internship Appendix 1 - Instructions
- Internship Appendix 2 - Eligibility Form
- Internship Appendix 3 - Paperwork Checklist Cover Sheet TEM
- Internship Appendix 4 - Site Confirmation Form
- Internship Appendix 5 - GMU Consent Agreement
- Internship Appendix 6 - GMU Experiential Learning Agreement
- Internship Appendix 7 - Weekly Progress Report
- Internship Appendix 8 - Special Project Proposal
- Internship Appendix 9 - Performance Evaluation Midpoint and Final
- Internship Appendix 10 - Presentation Guidelines
- Internship Appendix 11 - Student Internship Evaluation Form
- Internship Appendix 12 - Portfolio Guidelines
- Practicum Manual TEM
- Practicum Appendix - 1 Instructions
- Practicum Appendix - 2 Eligibility
- Practicum Appendix - 3 Paperwork Checklist Cover Sheet
- Practicum Appendix - 4 Site Profile
- Practicum Appendix - 5 Consent Agreement
- Practicum Appendix - 6 Experiential Learning Agreement
- Practicum Appendix - 7 Weekly Report TEM
- Practicum Appendix - 8 Midpoint Report
- Practicum Appendix - 9 Portfolio Guidelines
- Practicum Appendix - 10 Final Performance Evaluation
- Event Technical Production Minor Advising Sheet 2017-18
- Event Technical Production Minor Advising Sheet 2016-17
- Event Technical Production Minor Advising Sheet 2015-16
- TEM Minor Advising Sheet 2017-18
- TEM Minor Advising Sheet 2016-17
- TEM Minor Advising Sheet 2015-16
- TEM Minor Advising Sheet 2013-14
- TEM Minor Advising Sheet 2014-15
- Important Dates for TEM Practicums and Internships
- Official Job Description
- TEM Information for Agencies
The web links below may be useful for students and professionals needing quick access to information or contacts in the field. Several state, national, and international professional associations are also listed.
The World Tourism Organization (WTO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that serves as a global forum for tourism policy issues and practical source of tourism know-how.
The Tourism Offices Worldwide Directory is a guide to official tourist information sources: government tourism offices, convention and visitors bureaus, chambers of commerce, and similar organizations that provide free, accurate, and unbiased travel information to the public. Businesses such as travel agents, tour operators, and hotels are not included.
The Virginia Tourism Commission website includes information for travelers and industry partners.
The Maryland Tourism Office website offers information about destinations and attractions in our neighboring state.
The U.S. Travel Association is a public voice and political liaison for the entire industry and a recognized source of travel research, exclusive statistics and analyses.
The Travel Industry Dictionary is a service to the travel industry community by the publishers of a home study course for home-based travel agents.
The Travel and Tourism Research Association (TTRA) advocates standards and promotes the application of quality travel and tourism research and marketing information.
The Office of Travel and Tourism Industries of the US Department of Commerce provides US inbound/outbound and international statistics, federal government level tourism policies, and tourism news.
The Resort and Commercial Recreation Association (RCRA) serves students and professionals working in commercial recreation enterprises and resort settings.
The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) is a nonprofit international association of professionals in the meetings management industry.
The Virginia Festivals and Events Association (VFEA) is the leading organization in the state for individuals, organizations and businesses involved in the special event and festival industry.