- Degree Options
- Practicum and Internship Experiences
- Careers in Hospitality, Tourism and Events Management
- Current Student Information
- Contact Us
Students gain insights into industry standards and practices regarding planning, managing, and executing live events and presentations.
This minor is offered by the College of Education and Human Development (School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism) and the College of Visual and Performing Arts (School of Theater).
This 15-credit minor, available to all Mason undergraduate students, offers the opportunity to study special event management and event technologies, design and production for installations and special events. The required courses in this minor provide students with a foundational overview of management and production. Students can complement that knowledge with specific electives that meet their individual interests in events and areas of design and technology.
8 credits of course work must be unique to the minor, with a minimum 2.00 GPA earned in all courses applied to the minor.
Required Courses (9 credits):
- THR 230: Fundamentals of Production (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 220: Introduction to Event Management (3 credit hours)
Choose 6 credits chosen from the following:
- THR 235: Costume Crafts (3 credit hours)
- THR 314: Lighting Stagecraft (3 credit hours)
- THR 315: Sound Engineering (3 credit hours)
- THR 333: Stage Design (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 190: Wedding Planning (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 221: Event Implementation and Evaluation (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 480: Special Topics (1 - 3 credit hours)
Total: 15 credits
Click to view the 2016-2017 Event Technical Production Minor Advising Sheet
For more information about this minor, contact: