Food and Beverage Management Undergraduate Certificate
This Food and Beverage Management Undergraduate Certificate provides students the opportunity to prepare for a career in a variety of food and beverage operations, including hospitality, restaurants, and institutional (e.g. schools, hospitals) food service management. This 24-credit certificate is available to all Mason undergraduate students as well as nonstudents who possess a bachelor’s degree. The required courses provide exposure to the core business functions needed to succeed in the food and beverage industry. Students can complement that knowledge with specific electives that further enhance food and beverage skills for a wide array of employment opportunities.
This certificate may be pursued on a part-time basis only.
- TOUR 230: Introduction to Hospitality Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 310: Food and Beverage Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 445: Restaurant Management (3 credit hours)
- NUTR 295: Introduction to Nutrition (3 credit hours)
- NUTR 315: Fundamentals of Cooking (3 credit hours)
- NUTR 410: Introduction to Food Safety and Defense (3 credit hours)
Select 6 credits from the following:
- TOUR 314: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Revenue Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 343: Wine and Food Tourism (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 450: Hospitality Human Resources Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 460: Hospitality Facilities Operations (3 credit hours)