School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism - George Mason University
Graduate School of Education - George Mason University

Our Graduate School of Education is the alma mater for one third of teachers and administrators in Northern Virginia’s world-class school systems. Each year, more than 3,000 graduate students enroll in our innovative academic programs, which include advanced study for teachers and school leaders, instructional design and technology, and a renowned PhD in Education program that is among the largest in the country.


School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism - George Mason University

The School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism (SRHT) offers exciting, career-ready majors in dynamic fields such as athletic training, tourism and events management, health and physical education, kinesiology, sport management, and recreation management. SRHT features renowned faculty, cutting-edge research, six laboratories and centers, and a diverse student body of more than 1,000 undergraduate and graduate students each year. Each major requires one or more internship or clinical experiences, ensuring that students graduate not just with a transcript but with a resume that demonstrates their professional aptitude and skills.

All current and prospective Recreation Management students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor.

Your Academic Advisor is Stormi Woltz
Phone: 703-993-5261
Science & Technology Campus (PW) Bull Run Hall 225B

 Pre-Orientation Advising

You are more than welcome to schedule an individual 30-minute pre-orientation advising appointment.

Before making an appointment, please follow the following steps:

  1. Please submit your information
  2. Verify if your transfer credits have successfully transferred to Mason via Patriot Web and Degree Works
  3. Watch the Pre-Orientation Advising Video 
  4. Complete the Pre-Orientation Advising Questionnaire
  5. Schedule a Pre-Orientation Advising appointment
    • Sign into the Student Success Collaborative with your Mason credentials
    • Select Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment
    • Select New Student Advising
    • Select RHT Pre-Orientation Advising
    • Select your location (click here for guidance)
    • Select your advisor (click here for guidance)
    • Select your desired appointment time

Scheduling an Appointment/Walk-ins

Through the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) appointment scheduler 30-minute advising sessions are available at Fairfax: Thompson Hall, Suite 2300.

  1. Sign into SSC with your Mason credentials (If you're a prospective Mason student click here for your instructions)
  2. Select Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment
  3. Select School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism
  4. Select the program of the major or minor you want advising for
  5. Select your desired location
    • Fairfax: College of Education and Human Development Student and Academic Affairs (CEHD-SAA)
    • SciTech (PW): School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism SciTech Campus Advising (RHT)
  6. Select your advisor 
  7. Select your desired appointment time

Students may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance.  If no appointments are available then please continue to check as new times will open up.

  • If you are 10 minutes late or arrive at the wrong location then your appointment will be canceled, and you will have to reschedule. Please make sure you are aware of the time and location when scheduling an appointment. 

If you need to cancel your appointment please do so through SSC as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we may offer that time to another student.

All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies!

15 Minute Walk-Ins

Fall 2018
Aug 27-Dec 13
15-minute session   
1-4 PM 9-12pm  Fairfax Campus,
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
Spring 2019
Jan 22-May 9
15-minute session

  1-4 PM


Fairfax Campus, 
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300





As Academic Program Coordinator, Dr. Wiggins can assist with questions regarding internship ideas, retention issues, course substitutions, and overall advice on activities that will help Recreation Management students to get the most from their Mason experience and prepare for a successful career in the parks, recreation, and leisure studies field.

Advising Sheets

2018-19 Parks and Outdoor Recreation Advising Sheet 
2018-19 Therapeutic Recreation Advising Sheet

An Advising Sheet for each catalog year is available in Documents and Forms.

Also available: Additional Advising Sheets for all SRHT programs in SRHT Documents and Forms.

*These Advising Sheets mirror the corresponding year’s George Mason University Catalog degree requirements.

Patriot Web

Monitor your academic progress on Patriot Web. You can see your weekly schedule in calendar form; view your academic transcript, and monitor a degree evaluation that shows you what courses you still need to satisfy general education and program requirements.

For Degree Evaluations:
-If your first semester at Mason was PRIOR to Fall 2012, follow these instructions: CAPP
-If your first semester at Mason was Fall 2012 or later, follow these instructions: DegreeWorks