All current and prospective Recreation Management students are encouraged to meet with their academic advisor.
Your Academic Advisor is Stormi Woltz
Science & Technology Campus (PW) Bull Run Hall 225B
Scheduling an Appointment/Walk-ins
Through the Student Success Collaborative (SSC) appointment scheduler 30-minute advising sessions are available at Fairfax: Thompson Hall, Suite 2300.
- Sign into SSC with your Mason credentials (If you're a prospective Mason student click here for your instructions)
- Select Schedule an Advising or Registrar Appointment
- Select School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism
- Select the program of the major or minor you want advising for
- Select your desired location
- Fairfax: College of Education and Human Development Student and Academic Affairs (CEHD-SAA)
- SciTech (PW): School of Recreation, Health, and Tourism SciTech Campus Advising (RHT)
Students may schedule appointments up to two weeks in advance. If no appointments are available then please continue to check as new times will open up.
- If you are 10 minutes late or arrive at the wrong location then your appointment will be canceled, and you will have to reschedule. Please make sure you are aware of the time and location when scheduling an appointment.
If you need to cancel your appointment please do so through SSC as soon as possible (24 hours minimum notice appreciated) so we may offer that time to another student.
All appointments will follow the University procedures for delays/cancellations due to weather or other emergencies!
15 Minute Walk-Ins
Aug 30-Dec 20
Thompson Hall, Suite 2300
As Academic Program Coordinator, Dr. Wiggins can assist with questions regarding internship ideas, retention issues, course substitutions, and overall advice on activities that will help Recreation Management students to get the most from their Mason experience and prepare for a successful career in the parks, recreation, and leisure studies field.
An Advising Sheet for each catalog year is available in Documents and Forms.
Also available: Additional Advising Sheets for all SRHT programs in SRHT Documents and Forms.
*These Advising Sheets mirror the corresponding year’s George Mason University Catalog degree requirements.
Monitor your academic progress on Patriot Web. You can see your weekly schedule in calendar form; view your academic transcript, and monitor a degree evaluation that shows you what courses you still need to satisfy general education and program requirements.
For Degree Evaluations:
-If your first semester at Mason was PRIOR to Fall 2012, follow these instructions: CAPP
-If your first semester at Mason was Fall 2012 or later, follow these instructions: DegreeWorks