- Degree Options
- Hospitality Management - BS Concentration
- Hospitality Management Minor
- Tourism Management - BS Concentration
- Tourism and Events Management - Undergraduate Minor
- Events Management - BS Concentration
- Food and Beverage Management Undergraduate Certificate
- Event Technical Production - Undergraduate Minor
- Practicum and Internship Experiences
- Careers Tourism and Events Management
- Current Student Information
- Contact Us
The hospitality industry is widely considered to be the core of the enormous travel and tourism sector. Our Hospitality Management degree program provides students with in-depth knowledge of hospitality development, management and marketing.
World-class faculty and dedicated students from diverse backgrounds engage in learning, service, and research activities to build a firm foundation leading to successful careers in a variety of settings.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Events Management with a concentration in Hospitality Management, students must complete all Mason Core requirements (37 credits) and the courses listed below (71 credits).
Mason Core (37 credits)
- Written communication (6)
- Oral communication (3)
- Information technology (3)
- Quantitative reasoning (3) Must take STAT 250
- Literature (3)
- Arts (3)
- Western civilization/World History (3)
- Social and behavioral science (3) (TOUR 311 recommended)*
- Global understanding (3) (TOUR 210 recommended)*
- Natural science (7)
- Synthesis/Capstone (met by completion of TOUR490, a program requirement)
Professional Sequence (50 credits)
- PRLS 410: Administration of SRT Organizations I (3 credit hours)
- SRST 450: Research Methods (3 credit hours) (Satisfies the university Writing Intensive requirement)
- PRLS 460: Sport and Recreation Law (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 110: Professionalism and Civility (1 credit hour)
- TOUR 200: Introduction to Tourism Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 214: Hospitality Tourism and Events Management Accounting (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 220: Introduction to Event Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 230: Introduction to Hospitality Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 241: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Practicum (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 340: Sustainable Tourism (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 414: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Finance (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 470: Career Preparation (1 credit hour)
- TOUR 490: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Internship (12 credit hours)
Hospitality Management Concentration Required Courses (15 credits)
- TOUR 301: Hotel Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 310: Food and Beverage Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 330: Resort Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 450: Hospitality Human Resources Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 460: Hospitality Facilities Operations (3 credit hours)
Hospitality Management Concentration Electives (9 credits)
Select nine credits from any TOUR courses.
Electives (9 credits)
Choose an additional 9 credits from the university catalog.
Total: 120 credits
*TOUR 210 and TOUR 311 may not be used to satisfy both degree and Mason Core requirements.
TOUR 499 must be approved by department.