- Degree Options
- Hospitality Management - BS Concentration
- Hospitality Management Minor
- Tourism Management - BS Concentration
- Tourism and Events Management - Undergraduate Minor
- Events Management - BS Concentration
- Food and Beverage Management Undergraduate Certificate
- Event Technical Production - Undergraduate Minor
- Practicum and Internship Experiences
- Careers Tourism and Events Management
- Current Student Information
- Contact Us
The hospitality industry is widely considered to be the core of the enormous travel and tourism sector. Our Hospitality Management degree program provides students with in-depth knowledge of hospitality development, management and marketing.
World-class faculty and dedicated students from diverse backgrounds engage in learning, service, and research activities to build a firm foundation leading to successful careers in a variety of settings.
To earn a Bachelor of Science in Tourism and Events Management with a concentration in Hospitality Management, students must complete all Mason Core requirements (37 credits) and the courses listed below (71 credits).
Mason Core (37 credits)
- Written communication (6)
- Oral communication (3)
- Information technology (3)
- Quantitative reasoning (3) Must take STAT 250
- Literature (3)
- Arts (3)
- Western civilization/World History (3)
- Social and behavioral science (3) (TOUR 311 recommended)*
- Global understanding (3) (TOUR 210 recommended)*
- Natural science (7)
- Synthesis/Capstone (met by completion of TOUR490, a program requirement)
Professional Sequence (50 credits)
- PRLS 410: Administration of SRT Organizations I (3 credit hours)
- SRST 450: Research Methods (3 credit hours) (Satisfies the university Writing Intensive requirement)
- PRLS 460: Sport and Recreation Law (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 110: Professionalism and Civility (1 credit hour)
- TOUR 200: Introduction to Tourism Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 214: Hospitality Tourism and Events Management Accounting (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 220: Introduction to Event Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 230: Introduction to Hospitality Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 241: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Practicum (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 320: Hospitality, Tourism and Event Management Information (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 340: Sustainable Tourism (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 414: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Finance (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 470: Career Preparation (1 credit hour)
- TOUR 490: Hospitality, Tourism, and Events Management Internship (12 credit hours)
Required Courses (15 credits)
- TOUR 301: Hotel Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 310: Food and Beverage Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 330: Resort Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 450: Hospitality Human Resources Management (3 credit hours)
- TOUR 460: Hospitality Facilities Operations (3 credit hours)
Electives (9 credits)
Select nine credits from any TOUR courses.
*TOUR 210 and TOUR 311 may not be used to satisfy both degree and Mason Core requirements.
TOUR 499 must be approved by department.
Electives (12 credits)
Choose an additional 12 credits from the university catalog.